Thursday, March 07, 2013

Three Days to the Argus

I had a lovely training ride this morning, with only three days to go before race day. I did a practice run of Boyes Drive, making friends with the old mountainside, and snapped a few shots on my phone while I was up there. On my way home, I stopped off at the Chaeli Campaign Cottage to pick up my cycling jersey and purple feather, which I must creatively attach to myself for the ride. It was great to meet Chaeli's mom, Zelda, who told me that she and Chaeli had met my parents in my hometown while they were there for Chaeli to give the key note address at Rhodes University's Human Rights Week celebrations. It's amazing how small the world can feel sometimes.

Click here to learn find out how you can help.







No comments:

Post a Comment